Saturday, September 03, 2005

We've made Guangzhou

Last night we arrived in Guangzhou, the city where we will be picking up Penelope. The hotel is awesome. It looks like a La Vegas hotel with marble floor and walls. Everytime the elevator doors open to the lobby I'm waiting for lovely sounds of slots machines. In the rear of the hotel there is beautiful garden with a waterfall. The weather is hot and humid and we were awaken by thunderstorms and rain this morning (2 more weeks). We walked around the streets last night and found a KFC. Joe kept talking about how that was the best chicken sandwich he's ever had. I think it was the 5 days of chinese food talking. This city is more of an industrial city. As we were driving to the hotel, we saw many buildings with people sewing inside. Sukie got excited because now she will be on the quest for JLo knockoffs on the streets. Pepper is talking about buying another suitcase since she will be doing lots of shopping. All I can think about is my baby. The closer to Monday it gets to more excited and nervous I become. Today we will be joined with the rest of the group for dim sum. During this feast, we will be giving all of our fees to the staff. It will be relief because I was nervous caring around alot of cash. They will also give us our directions for the next 2 weeks. Some families will be flying out to other provinces for 5 days and return with their babies. The U.S. Consulate is in Guanzhou so every adopting family must come here in order to get their babies visa. Luckily Penelope's orphanage is in this province so we will not have to fly out.

Today I will be on the quest for diapers and formula because I relalize that I did not bring enough. My new life has begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment