Thursday, September 08, 2005

Hello

This is the first time in 3 days that I have to myself. Both Penelope AND Joe are asleep. Penelope is not as much work as I thought she would be. She's very happy and loves to smile. It took awhile to keep her on the schedule that she was used to, but all is well now. We were concerned because she had not pooped in 3 days, but when she finally did, it all came out. (I can't believe I just wrote about a baby's poop, oh well that's my life now). BUT, she hates to be messed with, meaning, do not clean her face, do not put clothes on her, and do not try to put anything on her hair. She will scream and once you stop, she smiles. She's talking, well she babbles "da da da da da da", some sort of baby talk. She loves to be kissed and tickled. She wakes up with a beautiful smile and it's always for Joe first. Every morning Penelope and Joe take a walk to the Starbucks down the block and according to him, EVERYBODY loves her. Joe looks so proud when he's carrying his little girl. He addresses her as his "Princess" or "Daddy's Girl". He carries her around with him but I'm the one changing the diapers. I'm letting him get used to the smell before he has to help.
Sukie and Pepper have been great. We try to carry Penelope as much as possible so that we could bond, but they are ready to help as soon as we're tired. They found this wholesale area for knockoff bags and have been there 3 times in 2 days. There is almost a 20 year difference between them but they have found something in common, shopping. Can these girls shop!!! A suitcase has been purchased to bring back all the stuff that they have bought. Please no more orders, Vanessa has been emailing Sukie everyday with a new order.
Tomorrow we will be going to Penelope's orphange. It will be all day. It takes 5 hours to get there. I'm expecting it to be emotional but I will keep in mind that her destiny was to be with us. I try to keep up with the daily journals but some days I'm just tired. Black coffee has been my salvation.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:59 PM

    Pati, spoken like a true Mom! You are an amazing woman Pati.... and with Joe by your side, Penelope is the luckiest baby ever! I just think this is all SO INCREDIBLE! I think you three were destined to be a family. HURRY HOME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:02 PM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete