Monday, September 05, 2005

She's ours!!!!!

Yesterday was sureal and amazing. At 3pm we were taken to civil affairs office to pick up our girls. We were taken to a very hot room where we were able to hear the babies crying down the hall. The whole time I was crying. Some parents were laughing others had terror in their faces. All I wanted was for them to hand her to us. One by one we were called up and a baby would enter the room to be given to her new parents. When our names were called I turned to Joe and his eyes were tearing. Penelope entered the room and was given to us by her caretaker. At that moment everything hit me. She was the most beautiful baby I had ever seen. She looked at me with a bit of confusion and put her head on my chest. Many babies were crying but not our girl. We took her back to the hotel so that we could get aquainted. Last night she slept from 9pm to 6 am. We only slept a few hours. Any noise she made, I was up making sure she was fine.
Today we went to civil affairs office to officially sign the adoption papers. The notary asked if we were satisfied with this child, we answered yes, so he said, "well, then she's yours, have fun". So Penelope is officially ours. With that said she already vomited on her daddy this morning and he just laughed. Parenthood agrees with him.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:21 AM

    Dear Pati, Joe & Penelope!
    Congratulations!!! I am still crying over the pictures! On SUnday we would check this site just to get the latest! She is adorable! We are sooo happy for you and look forward to meeting Penelope! We love you lots and wish you much joy and little bodily fluid issues! Keep us posted! Love, Nathan & Vicki

    ReplyDelete