Sunday, September 04, 2005

Today is Gotcha Day!

Well we made it! To day is the famous "gotcha day". This is the day all 38 families which are in our group will be receiving their babies. I just can't believe we're here. This is a day Pati and I have been anticipating for more than 16 months.

Last night we went out with a group of new friends for an early Italian dinner as married couples with no children. Of course throughout dinner, all everyone could speak of, were the babies. The pizza I had was amazing. Well, maybe not that good, but after dim sum lunches and dinners for the past 6 days... any other type of food would be spectacular.

Are hearts and prayers go out to four families which just heard that their babies have come down with the measles. One family was sent back home, to Hong Kong. Another family, which was still in LA, was stopped and may not come to China for a few weeks. Two other babies will be quarantine from the others. The two families which are in Guangzhou are hoping to take there little girls home the same time the rest of the group leaves.

After dinner we called it an early night and came back to the rooms. I tried to get some sleep, but kept tossing and turning. Thank god I went to go see my doctor before I left LA. Or perhaps I should be thanking the pharmaceutical industry. Ambien is one hell of a sleeping pill!

All I kept thinking was about was Penelope. Our dreams are now almost a reality. Penelope is about 6 hours away from being in our arms. WOW! From 16 months to only 6 hours away. I wouldn't be able to tell you where all that time went. This little girl does not know what she is about to get herself into. The love and family which is waiting for her back at home will be overwhelming. Including Ginger and Apple.... Penelope's two older sisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment