Thursday, September 01, 2005

Great Wall

Today we woke up a little later, 6:30 am. We've been waking up around 4:30am. The time change is not as hard as I expected. Yesterday was great, we went to the Great Wall. It is everything that I imagined and more. The mountains are green and beautiful and the wall is magestic. We arrived around 4 pm so it was not very hot and the winds were blowing. The views as the sun was setting were incredible. Did we climb the wall? Well, Joe went up higher than I did and I think that I had climb far. I sat down in the center of the steps and watched people climb up. It was cool to watch people from everywhere in this world go up. They all had the same look "what the heck am I doing?" They would smile at me, some would give up and sit next to me and others would continue up. I sat there and thought to myself, "I'm at the freaking Great Wall of China". Earlier we had gone to the Ming Tombs. There were 13 emperors in the Ming Dynasty and they're all buried here. The tombs were not impressive, it was a cave with boxes in them. The boxes are not the original but the scenerey was beautiful. We were later transported to lunch which was the worse yet. But we made it up at dinner. Today was Jennifer's birthday and we ordered a cake from the hotel to be delivered to the restaurant. We celebrated her birthday by drinking 50 cent beers. I felt that we were at Happy Hour. We are getting more excited as we become closer to getting Penelope. 3 more days to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment