Tuesday, August 30, 2005

We're in China!

Well we made it! We're in China. After a 14 1/2 hour plane ride from LAX to Guangzhou international airport plus another 3 hours in a second plane flying to Beijing... Pati, Pepper, Sukie and I were exhausted. Beijing is hot and humid! At night and during the day, you could see the thickness of the air which has a greyish glow to it...god do I miss LA including our two babies we left at home.

We landed about 12 noon, Beijing time (which is 15hr ahead of LA) and were shuttled straight to our hotel, The Tianlun Dynasty Hotel. The first thing we did was call my mom to let her know we arrived ok and to see how our Ginger and Apple were doing. We rested for a few minutes and hit the streets of Beijing for a few hours before we were taken to a dim sum style dinner. I tell you, it was no P.F. Changs. This was true authentic Chinese food. Hanging ducks in the windows and all. I don't think I've ever hand Chinese food like this before and I have another 18 days of this! I think I brought every drug known to man to China. Pati was giving me alot of slack for this, but I tell you, she will be thanking me soon.

We are so close to Penelope. It is just 4 days before we become parents. I just can't wait any longer. She appears in my mind all the time. I wonder on how she is doing, how she will be when we recieve her and what kind of parents we would make. Pati would be the enforcing type of mother and I would be the dad who would give her anything and everything. I will be the push over parent. I guess there's probably nothing wrong with that? Yeh, I don't think so.

Go Dodgers!

No comments:

Post a Comment